How to lay a substrate under a laminate - Tips on laying an important component of floor construction
- 08 Jul 01:45
- Construction And Repair
Laminate flooring - this is a tough and relatively thin coating.Therefore, when laying between the screed and the need to lay laminate substrate consisting of several layers.The construction can be found stores substrate made of various materials.Laying the substrate under a laminate is a fairly simple procedure, but in this case it is necessary to follow certain rules.
Why substrate ↑
use of the substrate when laying laminate can solveseveral problems simultaneously.The main advantages offered use of a substrate for laminate flooring are as follows:
- Sound insulation and sound insulation.Substrate muffles noise from neighboring rooms and the sound of footsteps.
- insulation.Such a floor, as opposed to the substrates without coating, allows in winter it comfortably positioned even for small children.Certainly, it is not a system of underfloor heating, but between the laminate, which is laid on the bare concrete, and laminated to the substrate surface is a huge difference.
- absence of creaking when walking, which in any case occurs when the material is placed on the bare floor without a substrate.And if you fall under the laminate small litter, debris and sand, then go on such a floor would be extremely uncomfortable.
- Increasing the useful life of the laminate.Moisture resistant barrier incorporated into the substrate, making coverage more reliable and resistant to liquid residues.
- smoothing fluctuations of the surface.The support under the laminate floor provides the best possible evenness of the floor surface.
market range, the choice ↑
Available for laminate substrates of various kinds.One of the most common are polyethylene foam substrate.
This material is resistant to solvents and oils, is not afraid of moisture, mildew and bacteria, is compatible with all building materials.Among these substrates are three types: a substrate of a gas-filled polyethylene, chemically and physically crosslinked polyethylene.
substrates can be made from cork and composite materials.Such a coating is produced in the form of rolls or sheets raskroennyh.The material is very resistant to rot, mold and various parasites.Among these substrates are allocated rubber-cork products cork and bituminous coatings.Produce a composite material with three layers which comprise a plastic film and expanded polystyrene beads.
Substrates of extruded polystyrene foam has high strength and low water absorption, therefore suitable for use in areas such as corridors, hallways and kitchens.Noise substrate made of glass fiber coated with bitumen.
Laying laminate substrate under ↑
And now to consider how to lay a laminate substrate.The floor, which will be stacked substrate must be clean, dry and smooth.To do this, the surface should be thoroughly cleaned of debris, first floor is moistened with water, and then clean up the garbage.Next, the floor should be primed and podshlifovat, eliminating hollows and small cracks.
Make sure the surface is sufficiently smooth, flat, clean and dry, you can start laying the substrate.Pay attention to is its thickness.The material should be selected thickness of 2-3 mm.But several layers of the substrate is not recommended.
substrate under a laminate floor is usually packed in rolls.Stela cover strips should be in the direction in which the laminate will be laid.The strips should be overlapped with a clearance of at least 20 centimeters and fastened together, for example, via kleykolenty.Fixing the substrate to the wall or to the floor is not permitted.
If the substrate has the form of a laminated plate, they should be laid so that the surface of the aluminum foil (smooth side) facing up.Plates do not need to be attached to the walls and floor, and superimpose them on one another.They are stacked end to end, the joints are held together by tape.
Functions substrate: Video ↑
Now you know what happens under the laminate substrate and why this material should be sure to lay a laminate floor.By following the simple instructions on installing the substrate will create a reliable and durable base for laminate that will increase the life of the floor in your home.