Polypropylene pipes and fittings: the selection criteria, rules of installation
- 20 Jun 17:00
new construction technology with the installation of engineering systems to replace conventional cast-iron pipes and steel pipes offer a much more attractive materials - polymer.For example, for sewer networks are increasingly used PVC pipe, water pipe - plastic, for heating systems - polypropylene pipes and fittings.
exact material name sounds like a random copolymer polypropylene PPRC, type 3. This propylene polymer (prop).Pipes are also are different.
Species reinforced polypropylene pipes ↑
First of all, it should be noted that any heating system made of polymer (PP) pipe is made on the basis of reinforced elements.In this regard, the following types of PP pipes:
- polypropylene pipes, reinforced with sheet aluminum.The reinforcement may be held in the outer layer, closer to the middle or inner tube wall.Sheet aluminum is solid, not solid, corrugated;
- polypropylene pipes, reinforced with fiberglass, which is placed in the core layer by coextrusion.It turns a sandwich: the inner layer - polypropylene, medium - glass, exterior - again polypropylene;
- polypropylene pipes, reinforced composite.In this case, the composite material is used consisting of polypropylene and fiberglass.This is done to improve the performance properties.
Polypropylene pipes for heating: characteristics ↑
PP pipes - an excellent alternative to iron and steel counterparts.This fact is explained by a number of remarkable properties.
no secret that plastic pipes for heating earned very positive reviews.The reason is simple: many advantages:
- multilayer structure of polypropylene tubes increases durability and allows their use for the organization of hot and cold water;
- light weight, ease considerably simplifies the transportation to the place of work;
- ease of installation;
- PP pipes require minimal maintenance, they are sealed, they do not need to paint, they do not accumulate bad odors, bacteria do not apply and do not form mineral deposits;
- Polypropylene is environmentally safe, does not emit harmful substances, does not affect the structure of water;
- PP pipes are characterized by low hydraulic resistance coefficient, does not vibrate when it flows through the fluid;
- pipes do not miss stray currents are not afraid of the damaging effects of chemical, mechanical shock and vibration, can withstand high pressure;
- ability to withstand temperatures up to 120 degrees without loss of quality and deformation elements (for comparison, PVC pipes, the figure is 60 degrees).
Advantages of polypropylene pipes can be listed for a long time: the low cost, guaranteed service life of over 50 years, versatility - these are a few advantages to the treasury of the advantages that explain the extraordinary demand for pipes made of polypropylene.
Scope PP pipes ↑
PP pipes are characterized by a large area of application.Wonderful property and excellent quality parameters allow to use them:
- in boilers;
- in hot and cold water;
- centralized heating;
- risers for the organization;
- systems "warm floor";
- agriculture to wastewater and soil water in drainage, irrigation systems;
- manufacturing, transportation of compressed oxygen devices and chemical solutions.
What polypropylene fittings?↑
Speaking of polypropylene piping, not to mention the fittings, which is responsible for connection of all its units and form turns, bends and branch lines.These elements provide the most accurate docking an enabling practice implement any heating circuit.
This need to know!
PP pipe using conventional fittings or threaded brass insert.The first communication with the plumbing polypropylene by diffusion welding, connected as a second PP, and metal pipes.
market offers today polypropylene fittings, the size of which vary quite widely, making it easy to find the right pattern.
There are two types of fittings: screwed without them.Threaded fittings, in turn, are detachable and complete.Kind of fitting is chosen depending on the operating conditions.For example, when you connect a counter or storage tank is conveniently releasably securing screw, and when attached hose - whole.
diameter - significant indicator ↑
The first question that arises before designing piping from polypropylene - diameter pipes.
This is important!
diameter polypropylene pipes for heating should be selected based on the results of the hydrodynamic calculation.The bottom line - to select the smallest permissible diameter of the pipe in a particular area.The calculation takes into account the operating pressure of the heating circuit and polypropylene pipes.
diameter - size, indicating where certain pipes must be installed.Since polypropylene pipes of large diameter (200 mm) used in the construction of facilities designed for the use of a large number of people (hospitals, saunas, hotels, department stores, entertainment centers).
When individual building optimal pipe 20-32 mm in diameter.They have a high capacity and easy to take the desired shape.
This is important!
Generally, the diameter of the pipe is chosen individually, depending on the purpose of varying the heating threads.
for good hot water system pipes with a diameter of 20 mm to the risers - 25. Has the value and type of the heating system if the central heating, it is possible to use a pipe with a diameter of 25 mm,If a stand-alone - variations are possible.
When creating a warm floor will need polypropylene pipes with a diameter not more than 16 mm.
Heating of polypropylene pipes ↑
Heating PP pipes - a process that does not require much effort and takes a minimum of time.
requirements for parts and tools
- carry out installation work must be at least 5 degrees;
- materials used must be free of damage and contamination;
- polypropylene elements must be protected from open flame;
- not allowed threading on the elements made of polypropylene;
- prepare arc welder for welding polyfusion with attachments and special scissors for cutting pipes.
This need to know!
Scissors can be replaced with a hacksaw or jigsaw.Do not forget to remove after sawing chips and burrs.
Set PP pipes: milestones
Before installing the welding machine is heated to a temperature of 2700 degrees, which will create high quality homogeneous joint.
1. Measuring the length of pipe required.Weld pipe foil, remove the top and the middle layer to the depth of entry fitting.
2. Clean the pipe end of the burr.
3. Mark the depth marker entry fitting until it stops.To prevent the narrowing of the passage should leave gaps in the range of 1 mm between the protrusion and a fitting end.
4. Marking a marker on the surface of the fitting and the pipe, indicating the connection.
5. The nozzle and pipe fitting on the welding machine.Both parts have to warm up simultaneously.
6. When the elements warm as their interconnected on earlier made labels.Do not forget to control the distortions in the axial and radial direction.The suture stiffens for 10-30 seconds.It allows to carry out a small correction.
7. The remaining components of the tube are connected in a similar manner.It is recommended to determine the order of connections in advance, so the work will go much faster.
Now that you know how to carry out installation of polypropylene pipes, you can not worry about the quality of heating because it is simply perfect.Polypropylene pipes for heating system - a pledge of comfort and warm atmosphere in your home.