Thermostat for underfloor heating: Wiring Installation
- 09 Jul 09:00
So, in my house is planned to arrange a warm floor.This task on the shoulder any master!Infrared film can be used in any room, and installed under any flooring - linoleum, laminate, carpet, flooring or tiles.And still on the mind only thermostat for underfloor heating.This unit is the most important element of the film system.
design thermostat underfloor ↑
thermostat (thermostat) - is an electronic device that is designed to control a heating system to maintain the floor heating surface and housing a predetermined temperature.Many thermostats floor sensor in addition to their equipment and have a built-in sensor that measures temperature and humidity.
The simplest models are equipped with a sensor and a special pen to set the desired temperature.The controllers are equipped with high-end liqu
not dependent on the model, the temperature on the numbered scale is set in a wide range from 10 to 40 degrees Celsius.Thermostats are made of lightweight, durable plastic and meet all the requirements for safety of electrical appliances.Prevent accidental opening or closing device.
Controller functions ↑
Application thermostats when heated floors in the room helps to create the most comfortable environment, and significantly reduce the cost of electricity.This situation is completely excluded overheating or subcooling.
After the installation of the controller there is no need to open windows to adjust the temperature, since the device maintains the temperature with high accuracy - up to one degree Celsius.
controller floor heating serves as a protective device.If there is a surge voltage, accidental damage and overheating of the cable, there is a possibility of short circuit, which can cause output of the entire heating system of the building.The thermostat prevents such overload protective relay is triggered immediately and is switched off the electricity supply.
Thermostats seasonally operate in different modes, but the devices are easy to use and versatile, as well as their inherent indicators such as intelligence.
Types of thermostats for underfloor heating ↑
Today the market offers a variety of modifications thermostats, starting and ending with a simple device devices that are equipped with additional sensors.Among the devices that are designed to control the heating of floors, allocate such basic types of thermostats as mechanical, electronic, and programmable sensor.
- Mechanical temperature controller floor heating is the easiest and cheapest option.Most often, the temperature control is carried out at the level of touch.This model is ideal to keep the temperature within a small area - for example, in the bathroom, bathroom, shower room, where there is no need to save electricity.
- Electronic thermostats differ from the mechanical presence of a liquid crystal display that allows you to see the exact temperature on the screen.This figure seems at first glance insignificant.But, according to official sources, the ideal temperature for the feet is considered to be 26 - 27 degrees Celsius.That's exactly why you need to maintain the temperature within this range.
- Programmable Controllers allow yourself to set the time on and off the system, and at certain time intervals to maintain different temperatures.Almost all the models in the domestic market it is possible to program for a week and a day.
- Touch thermostat for floor heating water should be used, if it is a large heated area, and it is desirable to save energy.The thermostat will duplicate the time and temperature values that have been set by the user, as long as these parameters are changed.
Within each type thermostats from different manufacturers can be further useful functions.
use of underfloor heating thermostats ↑
underfloor heating controllers used throughout the installation of ventilation, air conditioning and heating in industrial, agricultural, commercial and residential buildings.Thermostats can be installed in buildings that already exist, or under construction buildings for different purposes and different height.
Such equipment includes a comfortable setting: thermostat can be placed in old or new heating systems, since the device is adapted to useful life in all sorts of conditions.
Thermostats ensure a comfortable temperature, as it reduces excessive supply of heat from the heating system at the time of heat gain from the sun.Once a little warmer outside, the power consumption is significantly reduced.
controllers are primarily needed in places where the temperature regime changes throughout the day:
- in the kitchen, where the extra heat comes from gas stoves;
- in a room on the sunny side, in which the temperature increases day by natural heating;
- in the living room, because here constantly going to the residents and visitors;
- in homes on the upper floors as the bottom up a flight of stairs rising warm air, and often can not breathe.
Mounting thermostat ↑
Thermostats should be installed on the wall in the room, which is expected to be heated.On this wall must not enter the sun's rays, the regulator does not have to close the curtains and curtains.
Wiring thermostat floor heating depends on the model of the controller for underfloor heating.In a general embodiment, first disconnect the wiring is necessary.It must be remembered that malfunction that occurs due to incorrect connection, does not extend the manufacturer's warranty.
list of tools and materials that are needed for installation:
- corrugated plastic tube that has a diameter of at least 16 millimeters;
- slotted screwdriver;
- standard mounting box made of plastic.
thermostat is recommended to install at the end of the installation of floor heating.To prevent damage to the thermostat should be left in the packing carton until ready to mount.It is necessary to avoid the mechanical effect on the display.
All contacts to be connected, are located under the front cover of the machine, to which access occurs after removing the cover, which is fastened with screws.You can remove it with a thin screwdriver, turn pushing the latches that are located above and below the front cover of the controller.
device is installed in the terminal boxes and secured with two screws that are located on the horizontal axis of the regulator.When you need to install the display and screw cap, not much tightening the screws.Thus, the connection of floor heating thermostat does not take much time!
visual aid for those wishing to install a thermostat with their hands:
Now I understand why the installation of underfloor heating systems and is recommended to set the thermostat.The device helps to maintain the desired room temperature and thus save energy.The most expensive models are equipped with additional options that allow you to control the humidity.