Waterproofing floor bath: choose materials, protect the structure from water
- 08 Jul 16:45
Waterproofing floor bath - a necessary procedure.If it is not carried out, excessive moisture can damage not only to furnish the room, but also cause the destruction of the structural elements of the building.Therefore, on the waterproofing bath floors need to consider at the planning stage of construction.It is important to ensure the rapid removal of water from the steam room, showers and other facilities.And also - to process traditional flooring or penetrating waterproofing coating.All of these techniques you will learn from this article.
Types of waterproofing materials ↑
Waterproofing the floor in the bath can be traditional or penetrating.
traditional waterproofing is:
1. lubricative .It features dozens of species of mastics, dry mixes, pastes, differing in
- bitumen-polymer and bitumen mastic, which consist of oxidized bitumen with synthetic additives are inexpensive, but they need to further equip the concrete floor.Usually surface waterproofing is used under tile;
- cement-polymer pastes are universal, when applied in layers using a special.reinforcing mesh, they perform the functions of both waterproofing and screed.However, it hardens for a long time - about 4 days;
- similar characteristics from single-component cement mixes with organic additives;
- polymer liquid mastic are champions of drying speed;they resemble the consistency of the paint.
sinking lubricative mastic is a higher price than rolled counterparts, and sourcing - exceptional waterproofing characteristics.They can be applied to almost any surface.
2 .Glued .Okleechnaya roll waterproofing is suitable for the repair of economy class.This coating is a special flexible substrate made of polyester, fiberglass and fiberglass, on both sides of which the bitumen is applied.It may be adhesive (one side of the web coated with a special adhesive composition) and is welded (before placing the underside of the web heating burner).The main advantages of this material - low cost, extreme simplicity of installation: you just need to cut from the roll one piece of a certain length, and then stick to the floor.The disadvantage is the sharp smell of bitumen, which will persist for some time after the repair, and the need for quality training base.
traditional waterproofing provides strong, reliable waterproof layer, however, reduces the height of the room bath 5 cm.
penetrating waterproofing can be:
1. concreted. Different density and frost.Normally used to waterproof concrete structures.
2. Polymer .It features environmental friendliness, durability, high adhesion.
3. Inorganic cement. used in areas with extremely high humidity, also under tiles.
4. seamlessly. considered the most effective kind of waterproofing.Its use is allowed in any room.
If finances allow, the floor in the bath is better to use one of the varieties of penetrating waterproofing.
processing features wooden floor ↑
most suitable for the bath floor - of course, wood.The wood has a very pleasant view, has healing properties.Such a floor can be made of spruce, pine, fir and larch.But it is better to choose for this purpose coniferous trees.They include a resin through which the floor will last much longer.Also pine flooring will not slip when wet, unlike, for example, from the oak.Waterproofing the wooden floor should be made by special technology, which we describe below.
First of all, you need to decide how to have get rid of the water in the bath.It is a necessary stage, which necessarily involves the technology of waterproofing bath floor.And it can be done in different ways.Initially, you need to decide whether you will mount flowing leakproof or wooden floor, and how you do it.
legitimate question: what to choose, what distinguishes these coatings?The main difference from each other is that the first (flowing floor) suggests that it would be covering the gap through which water will go into the ground.A second (leakproof analog) includes a specially designed ramp, through which the liquid enters the pit and only then the drainpipe away outside.Read more about how to design them, describe below.
fully leakproof floor ↑
This design constructed by deepening lag clay or concrete layer, which is made up on top of the board.It uses traditional device floor screed.However, its surface is made with a slope by using the water level.The slope is 1-well, aside either to the middle.Then, in the lowest point of the floor make a recess for water flow and is mounted on a lattice.Then the water is removed in a clarifier / connected to the sewerage system.
Thus, the water accumulating in the sauna wood floor will be installed to drain into place, and then - a conclusion from the premises.This is the simplest and often applicable way to protect the floor in the bath water.However, it has a fundamental flaw: the board is never completely dry, so they can start to rot.And leakproof bath floors are always cold.
Making floor with a drain hole underneath ↑
This design is more complicated.Mounted on the following technologies:
1. On the ground stacked layer of gravel and sand
2. Then, this layer is poured concrete
3. Make deepening and sent to the 1st of the walls in the form of a kind of shallow funnel
4. The funnel is inserted into a containerneeded to collect water.It must be to be sealed (can be made of concrete rings or brick)
Important: Initially, in the sauna floor set the receiver to collect water, and only then lay the very foundation.It turns out a kind of waterproofing the floor bath.
5. From above stack the board, making a gap of 5-6 mm
6. Next, you need to make waterproofing columns, which are the basis for the lag.They can be built of bricks (25x25 cm) or on a bed of concrete / sand.
7. When the drainage system for water otvovedeniya will be ready and prepared the foundation for the oven, you can begin the installation of the floor in the steam room and washing.
Apply waterproofing necessary after all this work.Choosing it will depend on the used wood material.Each has its own kinds of traditional or penetrating mastics.
Tips for working with concrete base ↑
1. It is necessary to wait until the concrete has set firmly, get stronger and dries
2. Then, on the concrete surface is applied to a cement-sand15-20 mm thick screed
3. On the concrete surface will not be tolerated irregularities, dents, holes and bumps.You also need to remove all oily spots, traces of paint on a flat
4. prepared screed do waterproofing.
application of waterproofing
traditional waterproofing (mastic) always applied in several layers.After it is laid special roll waterproofing material.Already over it fits finishing material.
penetrating waterproofing is applied on top of a very simple and easy.The main thing that has been previously carried out qualitative preparation of the concrete floor.
Video: comprehensive waterproofing ↑
As you can see, these simple techniques.Carry them with some training can be anyone.