How to find water before the construction of the well
- 09 Jul 05:15
Many homeowners would like to have in your yard well.Even if the house already has a central water supply and in the next street - column.Well it creates a unique atmosphere of true home ownership and way of life, which is so lacking today.And as the quality of drinking water from the well and competently delivered can not speak!
search for water wells ↑
How to find water for the well - this is a topic for another discussion.The task seekers - to determine the place of occurrence of the underground aquifer.Here everything is clear.But how do you know where the direction of the invisible underground river?
search techniques of water big s
antiquated methods ↑
For cleanliness of experiment let's first look at signs, which for centuries helped to look for water.We list the most popular ones:
- fog that creeps in the morning over the aquifer place;
- great grasshoppers on any particular site;
- availability of certain herbs (goutweed, sedge, mother and stepmother) and trees (spruce, birch, alder);
- chicken eggs, which steamed up at night under a frying pan, and so on.
immediately is to dot the «i».Yes, signs of work - water in those places there.And, most likely, a lot of it.But often this water is stagnant, low-lying, and it can only be used for technical purposes.
lozohozhdenie deserves a separate discussion.
Lozohozhdenie or dowsing - one of the oldest ways to find water.It argued that the water under the earth, just like the human body, have magnetic properties.These properties do not have, for example, a surface water.So, to find water dowsers use a special metal frame or flyer (branches of hazel, willow, cherry, or a Y-shaped).Once the frame tilt to the ground, it may indicate the proximity of the water.The reliability of this method, about 50%, but we recall, this gift is not given to everyone.
more advanced ways ↑
- Soil testing desiccant material - it takes about 2 liters of silica gel in the granules.Material must be dried in the oven, weighed, and then, put any neemalirovannuyu ware (unglazed clay pot, aluminum cans, etc.).This "capsule" buried in the soil to a depth of 50 cm. If, on the following day, the weight of the pellets increased, then the probability is high that this takes place aquifer.Moreover, the heavier granules, the closer to the surface it is placed.The reliability of the method - 60-65%.
- Meteorological method - perhaps the most effective.In 75% of cases, it clearly points to groundwater.The thing is - if the day after the dry soil to wet the inspection area, it means that the water there.
- exploratory drilling - a method, of course, the most accurate and at the same time, the most time consuming.But, with his help, we can accurately determine the depth of the aquifer.And if you suddenly change your mind you have to dig a well - offers virtually ready borehole.Will only install the pipes, pumps and filters can be used.
- barometric method - allows you to accurately set the depth of the water table.To do this, you must make simple measurements of atmospheric pressure, aneroid barometer.The first stopped at the nearby reservoir.The second measurement - on the site of an alleged well.After subtracting the second value from the first.For example, the rate of pressure from interest amounted to 560, 7mm.p / s.Metering on the future site of the well showed 560 1mm.r / s.560.7 - 560.1 = 0.6.Every "tenth" is approximately 1 meter.That is, you have to be prepared for the fact that the depth of the well is intended at least 6 meters.The efficacy of 80%.
important !The deeper the well, the less chance of it drying out.The optimum depth - 8 meters.
How to determine the location for the well - 3 golden rules ↑
So we know how to find a place for the well with the help of folk and geological methods.Now let's answer the question of how to choose a place for a well, taking into account the features of your site.This you will find out right now.
necessary to follow the three golden rules.
Well should not interfere:
- passage to the house and outbuildings;
- prospective construction (if planned);
- trees growing in the area, etc.
Remember well - no closet.It can not just take and move to the other corner.
Within the boundaries of the aquifer for well choose the most high place.It - a guarantee that will most likely not be stagnant at the bottom of the pits and quicksands.For the well is it is definitely very important.
dig a well near the house.If you plan to get water from it the old fashioned way - it will be easier to cope with buckets.If the water is provided for lifting the pump - you do not have to buy a heavy-duty machine.In the winter easier to clear a path.But it is very close to home, too well digging is not necessary.There will be a chance of getting into the rainwater from the foundation.The optimal distance - 8 meters from the wall and a half meters from the fence.
Note : check that the neighbor's toilet of the "toilet" is not proved beyond your well (in the terrain).Although experts say that the wells are not affected in this content, nevertheless, very impressionable nature is better to think about that right away.
Why the well needs a roof ↑
You must have noticed that the old village well necessarily had a roof.It was she who defended well water:
- from excessive evaporation in the summer;
- of leaf fall in autumn;
- of snow;
- from snowmelt and rain impurities in winter and spring.
And if the first and second positions, everything is clear, the rest deserve explanation.
As well, it funded part, in any case should not fall melt and rain water!With them in well water will be dangerous bacteria and harmful chemicals from the surface of the beds.
Video: how to do well with their hands ↑
How do I know that the well came unbidden to the surface of the water?↑
- Rings well (which is higher than the water level in the well) after prolonged rains wet.Moreover, you can see how the water drips between the rings.If
- usually little water in the well, or it is on the average level.And suddenly - rises sharply and becomes cloudy.
- water starts to smell bad when heated.This is perhaps the most alarming signal.This is due to the formation of mucus, which is none other than the colonies of microorganisms trapped on the surface of the soil.
In these cases it is necessary to pump out all the water from the well and replace it with a new one.It is worth to also make reference water analysis.And if everything is bad - to disinfect.
Note : Of course, the water can not get into the well from the ground.But a well-built properly it goes a long way filtering.Moreover, this "journey" from the surface to the reservoir holds more than one month.Accordingly, during this time the water is purified.
in the well water is gone - what to do ↑
Alas, it happens: suddenly you remain without water.If you left the water out of the well, then there are several reasons for this:
- change hydrogeological characteristics of the terrain on which the well is located;
- depletion of water lenses or jars from the well fed;
- reclamation work in the area;
- intake lots of water with a water-carrier of the well;
- oscillation cycle of water and so forth.
Alternatively, such a problem can be solved by the following method: to deepen the well or a wooden frame rings less than is already standing, diameter.
But such work - is not easy.And if you're not an expert, it is better to invite a professional Kolodeznikov.So you will spend the money, but not health.
When you need to deepen the well ↑
Deepening the old well - it is time consuming and expensive.Prudent owner decided on this procedure in the following cases:
- depth of the well over ten rings - to dig a new well, in any case, the bill of lading;
- plot size would not allow dig another well;
- old well crushed, but it is delicious water;
- inflow of water per day is less than one ring;
- Kolodeznaya column does not curve, and the rings are not observed large horizontal displacement.
It is important to take into account one very serious point.The fact is that very often after the construction of the well on the surface appears barely noticeable thin plyonochku suspiciously reminiscent of oil (any way it actually is).This is because in the manufacture of molds for their rings casting lubricated with machine oil, and it is, of course, remains on the rings.You understand that the use of this water does not add seasoning.How to avoid this situation?Simply find such a ring shape which are lubricated with wax.They are produced in our country and bring no absolutely no harm in contact with water.
Well, perhaps all for today.It is time to take stock:
- to search for water can be used as a folk and geological methods;
- right well built at the highest place within the aquifer;
- it should not hinder the passage and the passage to the house;
- for protection from snowmelt and rain water over the well is required to construct a protective roof or canopy.
I sincerely hope that this article has brought you a favor!And if you have some of his Pit secrets, share them in the comments!