- 06 Jul 02:15
- Home Design
Venetian plaster to us is not imported from Venice.This is a luxurious type of finish used in ancient Rome, but to the Renaissance for one reason or another, this technology has been lost plastering walls.
After the Venetian master managed to recreate the method finishes a new name: «stucco veneziano» or «marmorino."
The basis of Venetian plaster (popularly simply "Venetian"), among other components - marble chips.In ancient Rome, the marble was one of the most common building materials.When it encountered a lot of processing waste - is grit, dust and simply bad blocks.One savvy Roman had the idea to use the whole "marbled marriage" for the walls.It is true, what good to disappear?
As a result, artificial marble walls looked no worse than natural, and in the treatment of plaster material was far more pliable stone blocks.
- features Venetian plaster
- What is "Venetian"?
- Venetian decorative plaster: the main characteristics of the material
- Venetian plaster in the interior (samples Tycoon TM)
- Venetian plaster: color
- Types Venetian plaster
- «VENETO» (Veneto)
- «Trevignano» (Trevignano)
- «Marbella» (Marbella)
- «ENKAUSTO» (Encausto)
- «Imperial» (Imperiale)
- Venetian plaster: price (for products of Clavel)
- Venetian plaster materials and a working tool
- Venetian plaster: technology plastering different kinds
- Technical Product Data:
- Venetian plaster: a master class on working with plaster Veneto
- Venetian plaster: video tutorials work with plaster Tretyavino
- Marbella: Venetian plaster (VIDEO)
- Training to work with plaster Enkausto: VIDEO
- What is tinting?
- How to apply impregnation?
- Technique priming
- How to apply the wax?
- Venetian plaster marble in the interior (designed by Magnat Style)
- Price Wizard
Marble after its revival became known nothing else like"Venetian plaster": decorative plaster walls was later used as the basis for paintings, frescoes and as a decoration:
- in the church of San Giorgio Maggiore (Venice, 1565);
- the palace Platstso Tiene (Vichensa, 1545);
- the Villa Forni Cherato (Vichensa, 1540);
- at the Teatro Olimpico (Vichensa, 1579) and many other private houses and public buildings in Italy.Today, restoration takes some of these objects as the architectural heritage of the country.
IMPORTANT! «Recipe" plaster restored Italian Andrea Palladio (Andrea Palladio) in the XVI century.His contribution to the development of architecture called "bridge", connecting the Renaissance and Baroque.The above building - his projects.
features Venetian plaster
What is Venetian plaster?Venetian plaster - a transparent finishing material, which after application on the wall indescribably refracts rays of light.Preparing walls for application "Venetian" - half the success of the work: at the slightest uneven plaster walls lie inappropriately.
IMPORTANT! «Venetian", even whimsical to the evenness of the surface, but in terms of the material base of the wall - she, figuratively speaking, anyway: the plaster can be safely applied on concrete, so a brick or wood.However, this is not exterior plaster and for a change the weather on the outside wall refers whimsically: quickly crack and lose marketability.Facade is better to choose a more affordable option of finishing.
What is "Venetian"?
composition of the material, as a century ago, unchanged.However, the current master can be used as synthetic additives, which, in fact, spoil the image of the "Venetian" as originally natural finishing material.The basis of plaster up:
- stone dust (granite, quartz, marble and other stone varieties);
- stone chippings (used the same sort of stone);
IMPORTANT! The finer the dust, the better the material to go on the wall.
nekamennyh Regarding the components, as a binder Venice Renaissance applied hydrated lime.Furthermore, mixtures of viscosity imparted in the added water, and the colors - natural dyes (juice of plants, livestock and others blood. Colorants).
All components were mixed to the consistency of thick cream.
Today, traditional lime plaster slightly changed: it is composed domeshivayut synthetic binders or polymers (acrylic, for example).Natural dyes today and replaced by artificial.But this formulation is rather only an imitation of a real "Venetian" becausegenuine marble shine and play of light can only natural composition plaster.Of course, the animal blood as a coloring pigment you look, we do not offer - can be used, and a modern paint, but on marble chips, stone dust and lime infusion.
As topcoat can use natural beeswax.
Venetian decorative plaster: the main characteristics of the material
- Environmentally friendly coating for the walls.If you are using the classic "mineral Venetian" beware of allergies is not necessary (unless you do not have allergy to the stone).It is non-toxic finish, which can be used safely even in children's rooms and hospitals.
- durable finish.Average life "Venetian" - 20 years.During this time the finish will lose its color, luster and original attractive appearance.Moreover, this plaster only grows stronger with time.
- strength plaster."Venetian" can withstand temperature jumps from -50 ° C to + 80 ° C.
- color and texture variety.Venetian plaster can be laid in a simple subtle layer can be restrained and serve only the background wall design, or to be a key part of the interior - an extravagant and luxurious.There are also these types of plasters: embossed, glossy and semi-gloss.
- Simple care for coating walls.Care plaster is elementary: "Venetian" brings great cleaning (both dry and semi-moist): dust can be cleaned off with a dry cloth, a damp sponge, the surface is also quietly tolerate wet cleaning with soap and water in case of emergency.
- Elitism plaster.This coverage is not cheap.And it's not so much the payment for the service masters (with their hands the first time put the Venetian plaster on the wall is problematic), as a result of: a kind of plaster is simply amazing!
- This vapor permeable and waterproof coating.
Disadvantages of this plaster can be attributed perhaps that the cost of materials and labor, as well as the complexity of the application (the mixture is applied in layers of 2-10).
Venetian plaster on the wall after application begins to absorb carbon from the air in the layers at the time the process of carbonation.This leads to the formation of hard carbon film providing this type of wall covering unique performance.
texture of the coating can pick up any style of interior design and furniture.
Venetian plaster in the interior (samples Tycoon TM)
Venetian plaster: color
Among the most popular colors "Venetian" - noble natural shades to mimic the surface of natural stone: gray, emerald green, yellowish brown, blue, gray, and others. Although this type of finish is possible to give anyshade thanks to synthetic dyes: Dating beige, blue like a wave, black, gold, silver and bronze "Venetian".
Types Venetian plaster
Depending on the composition of the mixture, isolated several types of classic "Venetian".
This kind of plaster with the optimal balance of price and quality of the material, besides this type of plaster to put the rest easier.Finishing layer of plaster is applied on top of the wax, which will further allow to wash the walls, and not just a dusting.
This Venetian plaster effect polished marble.
This kind of "Venetian "features a semi-transparent layers of plaster: imitation marble or any other stone surface with it more realistic.According to experts, "Trevignano" resembles travertine (polycrystalline rock that formed amazing imagination cave stalagmites and stalactites).From other types of plasters that also features a polymer, which is part of the mix.In this version of "Venetian" a few hundred colors.Trendy, only by decorating the walls with this material, you can make like seating, surround the lobby, and in the hallway, he will look decent.It fits well into the baroque, classical, vintage interiors.
This Venetian plaster effect of polished marble.
From classic Venetian plaster, this style features a velvety surface, perfectly combined with glossy polished veined.Marbella can be used in wet areas (eg, bathroom or kitchen) because copolymer additives included in its composition.
This Venetian plaster with an antique effect roughly processed marble.
This kind of plaster gives a semi-matt surface, and dark patches, outwardly resembling granite.As a finishing layer is also used wax coating.This layer, however, must be periodically updated to improve moisture resistance.
This Venetian plaster effect polished marble with terracotta highlights.
It is a modern type of Venetian plaster, of which added a gold pigment.With it the traditional decorative coating will play not only sunlight but also luxurious shine of gold!The surface of the plaster is also translucent, and colors tens of shades."Imperial" fully justifies the marble surface as "shining stone".
Venetian plaster: price (for products of Clavel)
Since I started talking about the kinds of plaster would be nice to know how muchit - "very expensive»
IMPORTANT! technology application of certain types of plaster (detail - See below.) Involves the organization of the base layer of the "Venetian" "Veneto" because the price of the material for finishing works will be formed of two components:
- VENETO.Klassicheskaya semi plaster is worth about $ 183/ 25 kg (material consumption is 0.63 kg / m²).
IMPORTANT! When purchasing materials, keep in mind that you need to apply more than one layer of plaster, and at least 2-3.Ideally, Venetian stucco has from 3 to 10 layers.
- Trevignano.The cost of this kind - from $ 60/5 kg (flow 0.25 kg / m²) plus a base layer of Veneto.
- Marbella.For the packaging of the plaster will have to pay from $ 108/7 kg (flow 0.35 kg / m²).
- ENKAUSTO.For the application of this material is necessary to purchase a special database ENKAUSTO-Prime cost from $ 212/25 kg (consumption per m² - 1.32 kg).Finish the same coverage costs about 150 $ / 25 kg (flow 0.40 kg / m²).
- Imperiale.As Trevignano, this kind of plaster is applied to the layer of Veneto, and the finish will cost from $ 148/4 kg (flow 0.20 kg / m²).
But shopping list not only the Venetian plaster.Buy colorant and also have it, and, of course, a working tool.This was more talk.
Venetian plaster materials and a working tool
to work you will need:
- trowel for Venetian plaster;
- capacity (under water and mixtures thereof);
- nozzle for drill-type "mixer";
- machine polishing (plus - head polishing wax).
Venetian plaster: Technology plastering different kinds
Before working with plaster is necessary to understand the working surface: on the walls should be no recesses, bumps, cracks.The basis for the work with the "Venetian" must be perfectly flat and vertical without deviation in the level.
Depending on the type of plaster, the material work as:
Roller applied impregnation "Monsoon", as well as ground «Suprim-100."Only after drying preparatory layer can start working with plaster.
composition plaster Kohler using colorants Purcolor (type "A").Mix until smooth.
IMPORTANT! Colorants in the plaster domeshivayut composition immediately prior to use - not before!
Using a trowel with rounded edges (preferably use a spatula made of stainless steel), Veneto is applied to the wall.To work in the corners, at the junction of walls, floor and ceiling using a small spatula.The instrument should not be chipping and cracking.
IMPORTANT! excess material from the edge of the spatula should be immediately removed becausedried material particles can ruin the final result.
As we have said, should be applied up to 10 layers of plaster.The first layer Veneto - background is applied on the entire surface of the wall.Drying of the layer occurs after 6-8 hours, after which the layer is sanded "zero" sandpaper.The next layer is applied 2-4 chaotic movements, trying not to repeat the pattern left by a working tool.Due to the layering of strokes and to create a unique textured surface of the walls.
important that the finishing layers of plaster were applied to the hand of the same master.At its drying of the last layer of polish with a spatula made of stainless steel, spending it on the plaster surface, pressing lightly.
Trim topcoat master will deal not earlier than in 6-7 days ready for the last layer of plaster.Quits waxing Durawax and after drying polish the surface of the walls with a soft cloth.
Technical Product Data:
- VENETO dries to touch in 1 hour;
- total drying time - up to 7 hours;
- applied at temperatures between + 12 ° C to + 35 ° C;
- material consumption is 0.8 kg / m².