How to make a floating floor
- 06 Jun 21:45
- create a floating floor
- materials floating floor
term "floating floor" means that the upper part of the floor construction lies on a flat bottomparts not attached thereto (either by adhesive or by means of bolts, screws or other devices), while not touching the walls along the perimeter of the room (this gap is usually 0.8-1.3 cm).
think about how to make a floating floor, you should first become familiar with the general method of its creation.It will be uniform no matter what you choose materials used for upper and lower layer of the whole structure.
create a floating floor
- first step - is to prepare the grounds on which is laid a floating floor.It must be cleaned of debris and dust.If the surface of the base are too large dips or hills, it is necessary to get rid of them (respectively, by filling out a solution or cut).
- second stage - laying the lower layer floating floor.To it presented a number of stringent requirements required, so it should:
- be sound;
- easy to install;
- not deform under impact load, which will act on it from above during operation;
- not lit (or be slow-burning);
- not swell under the influence of water;
- have a lifetime of at least 10-15 years;
- bad conduct sound;
- have the lowest thermal conductivity.
material from which you will perform the bottom layer of the floating floor, it is necessary to lay a solid array of the same thickness over the entire area of the premises, without leaving gaps around the perimeter.
- next step - laying the top layer of the floating floor.Its main task - to level the surface of the bottom layer (since it is the top layer of the floating floor, and will be the basis for floor coverings) and provide additional improved sound insulation throughout the structure (and therefore the upper layer of the floor is laid in such a way that it does not touch the walls and other vertical structures,passing through the thickness of the floor with the underlying floor).
- final stage - laying the finishing floor, which also should not come into contact with the walls.
materials floating floor
most commonly used option for a floating floor - a reinforced cement-sand screed, laid on a layer of rock wool (or other similar hard sound- and heat-insulating material).As a floor covering in this case can serve as linoleum and laminate flooring or carpet.
less common option is to device the top layer of the floating floor from two layers of chipboard, OSB or plywood (in one layer of the material stack is not recommended, since it is necessary to make a floating floor is strong enough not to sag under the weightfurniture and people).
more progressive option is considered a floating floor with noise insulation panels SonoPlat or PhoneStar.Both of these materials can act as the lower layer structure, while the floor finish will assume the role of the upper layer (for this gap between it and the wall as to be filled vertically installed pieces of panels, leaving space for additional linear expansion flooring material).
as the bottom layer can also be used shumoplast - a relatively new material is a mixture of granules and a binder, which can be easily leveled on the horizontal surface of a layer of the required thickness.
We bring you the story about the device floating floor.