Options painting the ceiling plasterboard
- 07 May 05:45
Did you pay attention to what directs his gaze entered the room the man?Of course, at the ceiling.Ceiling surface - the most important part of the interior, a vast space for the realization of any design and color fantasies.And the best option for their implementation will be the use of drywall.Ability to create any architectural design and fantastic configurations, environmental safety and superior sound insulation and fireproof properties, combined with an amazing mood lighting determine the success of the incomparable among other drywall construction and finishing materials.
- Choosing the paint for the ceiling
- Technology painting ceiling plasterboard
- Surface preparation before painting drywall
- Tools for painting the ceiling
- precise observance of technology - a guarantee of an excellent result
- tips staining
Choosing the paint for the ceiling
There are many solutions for the design of the ceiling surface of the dry
According to experts paint the case, the most suitable paint for plasterboard ceilings are water-based and water-dispersed compositions .This dispersion paint emulsion much greater than the ability to maintain its original appearance and moisture for a long time, but inferior to the issue of choice of colors, as is done mainly in shades of white.Manufacturers also emulsion paints offer consumers the variety of color palette - bright, saturated colors to create any trendy and classic interior.
Coating compositions, water-based are fast drying and the absence of proof, odor, they are non-toxic and, finally, form a solid homogeneous film, which occasionally can be updated without any labor-intensive work on the elimination of the previous coverage.
Today, the building materials market is saturated with lots of coloring water-based. It silicone, acrylic, acrylic latex, silicate paints, mineral composition , various shades and manufacturers, has its advantages and limitations of use.
paint with the addition of latex it considered the most expensive because it has a number of advantages, for example, is used to create not vapor-permeable, resistant to various contaminants smooth, beautiful surface and allows for wet care based detergents.
Application of 2 layers of acrylic latex paint on the surface of the drywall to help you cover the visible cracks having a thickness of 1 millimeter.
Acrylic water-based paints , due to increased resistance to abrasion during washing, the most in demand and are designed for use in almost any environment.
for surfaces regularly exposed to moisture, the best solution would be to use silicate paint - it reliably prevents the emergence and growth of microorganisms and does not suggest the additional use of antiseptics.
best properties of silica and acrylic compositions combines silicone paint. Its high flexibility allows you to block the crack thickness greater than 2 mm.After application and drying the silicone paint forms a waterproof film that will reliably protect the surface of the ceiling in rooms with poor waterproofing - kitchens and bathrooms.Dyed silicone paint surface is resistant to dirt and eliminates additional use of antiseptic agents.
Staining plasterboard surface involves applying several layers of paint in strict compliance with the instructions on the label of the ink composition and maintaining the necessary drying time of each layer.The paint is applied to foreign-made special roller is usually in 2 layers, domestic - in 3 layers.
In addition, when buying latex paint you will have to decide, and to the degree of its luster: manufacturers offer high-gloss and semi-gloss, matte and satin formulations. Their main difference is that the matte paint visually increases the height of the room, making a significant contribution to creating a harmonious and complete design space, copes with the removal of minor defects plasterboard ceiling, but very time consuming to maintain.
Glossy paint is resistant to abrasion, the painted surface is easier to clean, but her visible all the flaws and defects in the ceiling surface, which have been admitted to the master of the dyeing process.Businesses are advised to choose a semigloss or semi-matt paint.
should be noted that in foreign countries for painting the ceiling plasterboard is increasingly used enamel - it is a quality product that dries quickly, is resistant to moisture and is white in color.This high quality, of course, reflected in the price - the cost of the enamel is high and this determines its low popularity in the domestic market.
When buying paint do not forget to read the label in which the manufacturer informs about the purpose, the cost of square meter and abrasion resistance during wet cleaning.
Technology painting ceiling plasterboard
try to understand the technology and features of the painting ceiling.It is the quality and durability of painted surface of the ceiling depends on how much paint technology was observed at each stage, including when the preparatory work.
Prepare drywall surface for painting
1. Primer seams.
gypsum core gypsum board is a conventional plaster with various polymer additives.Try to pound piece of plaster, and on your eyes, he will turn to dust.Any builder will tell you what to spend painting the dusty surface impractical.Such a surface, especially, needs to be primed.Particular attention will have to be given to you as a primer joints and those areas where laid bare the core of gypsum board.
Often there is a perception that the cracks in the painted drywall formed due to poor installation.However, this is not true.The cause of cracking gypsum board may be of poor quality, or held in violation of the jointing technology.It should be noted that the quality of grouting depends on the quality of raw materials and experience of performing the operations.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions, knead material for grouting.For this purpose, pure water, add the mixture to room temperature and stir using a mixer until a consistency of thick cream.After preparing putty, you can start plugging seams.
3. Reinforcement stitches.
putty joints drywall surface requires the use of additional materials, for example, serpyanka.Serpyanka is a special tape for reinforcing joints.It can be bonded before applying putty, or after the first coat.
serpyanku pasting, note the following points:
- glue serpyanku necessary midway seam;
- if you do not have to work with the whole serpyanka, the bonding is performed with overlapping edges necessarily go at each other;
- serpyanku pressed into the seam with force;
- in the case of formation on the surface of the drywall excess putty with the bonding serpyanka, be sure to remove them;
- not use putty instead serpyanka finishing type.The finish coat is not intended to carry out such work and can lead to cracking of the weld;
- after the first coat with a putty serpyanka wait for drying and apply another coat.This allows you to get a smooth, neatly embedded seams;
- grout better armed with a spatula, the length of which exceeds the width of the seam.In the process, it is necessary to conduct a spatula so that it is positioned on its edges of gypsum boards.
4. drywall putty before painting.
After the putty seams and overlay serpyanka, you can safely proceed to putty gipsokartona.Spetsialisty identified a number of finishes.The most economical method involves applying a layer of putty, grout, and the final application of finish.The result is smooth and beautiful surface.This technology has been used by masters over the years and is the most accessible in terms of performance and cost.
But now increasingly found in 3 layers of plaster.After starting treatment oshkurivaetsya sheet of drywall, apply a second layer and the new grout, then glued fiberglass, providing better grip finishing materials and prevents stretching and possible shedding putty mother, and finally produced a finishing coat surface.
putties, a special pre-mixes in banks, will allow you to get a perfectly smooth surface smoothness.Apply it should be a large spatula, and in the case of minor irregularities recommend a fine sandpaper.After finishing plasterboard ceiling prime the surface and get to the finish.
As the final result depends on your skill and less on the technology work, be extremely careful and take your time, use only high-quality materials of proven brands.
Tools for painting the ceiling
For painting the ceiling of drywall you will need the following materials and tools:
- ground acrylic primer deep penetration;
- latex paint;
- color scheme for water-emulsion composition.A colorful palette of colors will allow you to paint the ceiling in any color and make the interior original and unique;
- fur roller with short nap.It has long handle makes the tool more convenient.Do not use the foam roller, as it forms on the surface to air bubbles;
- paint brush for painting hard to reach places a ceiling;
- plastic tray for staining;
- take care of clothing.Since painting a ceiling is hardly a clean work, wear clothes that you do not mind mess.Do not forget the headgear.
precise observance of technology - a guarantee of an excellent result
uncorked jar with water-based paint, you will start to mix thoroughly the contents.This can be used with a special drill nozzle.If the paint is too thick consistency, add a little water in it.
Staining plasterboard ceiling begins to paint hard to reach areas and areas abutting the ceiling structure to the walls and corners.Use the brush.Movement of the brush should be bonder, not back and forth.Method tychkovaniya not leave streaks and later divorce.
then dipped into a bath of paint roller and roll out on a ribbed surface.This way you remove the excess paint from the roller.According to the technology of coloring ceiling surfaces, the first layer of paint composition is applied parallel to the windows.Remember, when applying the first coat of paint is necessary to make "visits" each of the following bands dye composition to the previous 10-15 cm.
After drying, proceed to the second layer of stain.At this time, dyeing should be carried out perpendicular to the first layer, i.e.in the direction from the opposite window openings of the door structure.This cross-application will provide perfectly smooth and uniform coating.
Attention: painting the surface of the roll standing with his head, you can not see, or NOT, poorly dyed areas.Periodically move away to the side and inspect the ceiling from a different angle, or attract an assistant, who immediately noticed neprokrasy, will tell you for the timely elimination.
With the technique of staining the ceiling drywall using a gun you can find, looking at a video youtube.
Plenty of options for painting the ceiling of plasterboard can be found on the Internet.The variety of designs and colors, high quality paint and durability of the painted surface will determine the success of this method of design-ceiling windows.Here are a few photos of successful painting the ceiling of plasterboard:
1. If you start painting the ceiling of plasterboard, do not interrupt the process and apply until the end of the first layerpaint on the entire surface.Do not change the roll, which you already are painting, because it reserves its own unique decorative layer.
2. Do not dokrashivayte certain areas of the ceiling surface, which began to dry out, with the good in order to improve the applied layer of paint.Failure to follow this rule, you can get ugly ceiling with stains or spots.
3. Staining always starts from the corners of the ceiling.You will come in handy for this purpose a small brush, which you will be gently manipulated to avoid soiling the wall paint.To paint the corners around the perimeter, it is necessary to digress and walk on the ceiling with a paint roller.This technique can save you from getting paint on the wall.
4. When painting roller, it should be completely immersed in a bath of paint, and then remove the excess on the ribbed surface.Often inexperienced performers are afraid to immerse completely in the paint roller to prevent it from excess.Instead, they attempt to accurately obmachivat paint roller in one hand.This is the wrong approach.The paint in this case is not distributed evenly on the platen, and it may affect the quality of dyeing.
5. staining the ceiling excludes the chaotic motion of the roller.Move in the same direction.One layer of paint - one direction.The subsequent layer is applied perpendicular to the previous one.If you want to paint the ceiling in 2 layers, the first layer is horizontal, and the second - vertical.Colouring 3 layer involves the following scheme: the first layer - the vertical, the second - horizontal, the third - again upright.Observance of this sequence will allow you to achieve the best result when you make the ceiling drywall.Good luck!