Fertilizers for flowers: types and characteristics
- 26 May 13:15
fertilizer called substances which, when applied to the soil to help improve its properties.Also available as part of the elements are beneficial to the development of the plants, because they are their main food and contribute to the full development of flora.Today, it is easy to buy any fertilizer for flowers, but can also make them their own.This article will talk about all the necessary trace elements for plants.
- Fertilizers for flowers
- Nitrogen fertilizers for flowers
- Ammonia fertilizer or ammonium nitrate fertilizers
- ammonium nitrate fertilizers
- amide fertilizer
- Phosphate fertilizer Soluble
- phosphate fertilizers
- Polurastvorimye phosphate fertilizers
- Sparingly phosphate fertilizers
- Potash fertilizer for flowers
- concentrated hydrochloric salt
- Concentrated sulfuric acid salt
- Nitrogen fertilizers for flowers
- complex fertilizer for flowers
- Organic fertilizer for flowers at the cottage
- manure and poultry manure compost
- Green manure or green manure
- river or lake silt (sapropel)
- Sawdust and bark
fertilizers, depending on the origin, are mineral or organic.In turn, they may be in liquid or solid form, and have a direct or indirect effect on plants.And different ways of introducing them into the soil, so make some nutritious mixture surface as a fertilizer, the other must be mixed with the soil at planting.
Fertilizers for flowers
main purpose of application of mineral fertilizers - is filling the soil specific elements, which are the main source of supply of garden flowers.These elements include potassium, nitrogen and phosphorus.
On the content of a particular element mineral fertilizers are divided into several main groups.
Nitrogen fertilizers for flowers
Nitrogen is the main constituent of the group.It contributes to the development of the ground part of flower crops.Accepted provide the following:
Ammonia or ammonium fertilizer
- Ammonium sulfate (ammonium sulfate).
- ammonium chloride (ammonium chloride).
Fertilizers of this type are best learned roots of flowers growing in slightly acidic soils, they can make in the spring or autumn.
- Ammonia forms of nitrogen fertilizers contain about 20-25% nitrogen.It is undesirable to make such agents for a long time, as this may lead to an increase in the acidity of the soil.If you need long-term use, the soil should be deoxidize, such as lime or dolomite flour.For this kind of feeding indifferent flowers, has a long growing season: pink, begonia, lobelia, and asters.
- Ammonium sulphate is in the soil for a long time, and tends to leach out slowly, so it is supposed to apply to silnovlazhnyh ground or under the winter.It looks like a white or grayish-green crystals.
- Ammonium chloride is produced in the form of white crystals, make it desirable as a top dressing, as excess chlorine inhibits garden flowers.
- A zotnokisly sodium.
- calcium nitrate.
Fertilizers of this group are readily soluble in water and contain as the acid to 15% nitrogen.
- Making a nitrate fertilizers into the ground is best in the fall or early spring at the rate of '25 per 1 m2.You can use in acidic soils in the form of liquid feeding.During the whole growing season flowering plants need to be made no more than 150 g per 1 sq.m. ground.
- sodium nitrate is produced in the form of white or pale-yellow crystals and has beneficial effects on the majority of garden flowers.Optimal timing into the soil is the period of the first appearance of seedlings, as available in the fertilizer nutrients promote rapid plant growth.Do not mix with superphosphate and make on alkaline soils, while at the same time a good effect can be achieved by adding sodium nitrate to potassium fertilizer.
- Calcium nitrate is produced as a white or yellowish powder rozovovogo.It is undesirable for long storage, because the mass of fast-caking and clumping cat.Especially effective is the use in acidic soils and solonetz.
ammonium nitrate fertilizers
- Ammonium nitrate.
It is a universal fertilizer, which does not accumulate in the soil and paid from March to July before planting.
- Flowers favorably disposed to such a diet and consume it immediately when you make.It contains an ammonium salt of nitrate (nitric acid), wherein supply of nitrogen is 35%.
- Ammonium nitrate is produced in the form of white or yellowish granules or pellets, which are handled by a moisture resistant composition, but should take into account that the ammonium salt is very strongly absorb water, so you need to keep the fertilizer away from moisture, since otherwise the process can beginclumping.
- Saltpeter is not concentrated in the soil and dissolves rapidly, so its use is permitted in dry periods.It is especially effective in combination with elements such as potassium and phosphorus.
- Urea (urea).
good water-soluble substances, when applied to the soil gives the effect of a weak acidity, so where is undesirable acidification, soil must be limed.
- Urea is produced in the form of white granules, but may have a crystalline form.
- Urea is used as a top dressing instant, and containing up to 45% nitrogen.In the land of the nitrogen is converted to ammonium carbonate.
- Making a urea into the soil should be well in advance, in the early spring or autumn under plowing.It is also allowed the use of amide compounds in an aqueous solution during irrigation, or directly mixing with the soil under the plant when loosening.
all nitrogen fertilizers are vlagorastvorimymi, therefore, for flower crops nutrition, they do not need to plug deep into the earth, and it is desirable to make after sowing or planting.Optimally used as a top dressing, which is made several times per season.
Tip: when fertilizing with nitrogen-containing substances must comply with the instructions, since a large amount of nitrogen is detrimental to the flower crops.
The main element of this group is a phosphorus fertilizer.Accepted provide several types according to the degree of solubility.
water soluble phosphate fertilizers
- triple superphosphate.
Such fertilizers are used on all types of soil.
- Superphosphate prepared from phosphorite, apatite, or sulfuric acid.Manufacturers produce the fertilizer in the form of pellets or powder of white and gray.Superphosphate is recommended to add to the soil during planting flower crops, but also possibly making autumn digging.
- As part of superphosphate 15-20% phosphorus.Double superphosphate fertilizer is more concentrated and contains up to 40% phosphorus.The substance used as a ballast calcium sulfate or sulfur.In addition, superphosphate can add a number of trace elements such as magnesium, molybdenum, manganese or boron.
- Superphosphate very well absorbed by the floral crops, both in the form of an aqueous solution, and with the direct application to the soil.
Polurastvorimye phosphate fertilizers
for dissolution of fertilizer used weak acid since it is not soluble in the aqueous medium, ie. E. To produce plants of nutrients necessary to make the precipitate in acidic and weakly acidic soils, mixed thoroughly with the ground.
- This fertilizer is available in a gray or white powder and the content of phosphorus is 35%.It is advisable to fall into the ground making, digging.
Sparingly soluble phosphate fertilizers
- phosphate rock.
phosphate rock produced in the form of brown or gray powdery substance, which is insoluble in water and slightly soluble in acids.
- This ground phosphorite, the phosphorus content of which reaches 30%.Fertilizer is added directly into the ground around the plant, it is desirable that the soil had increased acidity.
- phosphate rock is able to benefit plants grown in peat and podzolic soils, as the slightly acid soils, it simply does not dissolve, and hence is not absorbed flower crops.Optimal mix the substance with manure or urea.The effectiveness of fertilizer occurs over an extended period of time, make optimal for autumn digging.
- Prolonged use of phosphate fertilizer reduced soil acidity.The most commonly used to seal the powder compost pits.If you make a large amount of fertilizer, it can feed the plant for several years, so it is good to use for feeding perennial garden flowers.
all forms of phosphoric fertilizers tend to slow penetration into the soil.Phosphorus is an essential element for the full development of the plant, it has a positive effect on the pomp and duration of flowering.It is necessary to regularly replenish its reserves in the ground in a timely manner to make fertilizer from phosphoric group.The optimal time making - is the autumn period, or early spring, as a rule, it is not used as a water feeding.
Potash fertilizer for flowers
The main element of this group is considered to be potassium.
concentrated hydrochloric salt
- Potassium chloride.
This substance is produced in the form of gray, cream and white powder or crystals containing up to 60% of potassium.
- Potassium chloride is well absorbed garden flower crops.In addition, it can be mixed with almost any chemical elements, as well as contribute to most soil types.Potassium chloride is completely insoluble in water and can strongly absorb moisture, so when stored in damp places caking.
- Potassium acidify the soil, making it the best is after liming.Since the fertilizer composition contains chlorine, then the culture which reacts negatively to this element should be made in limited quantities.Potassium chloride is applied to the soil in the autumn, while the spring most of the chlorine is washed away.It responds well to the use of potash fertilizers decorative grasses.
Concentrated sulfuric acid salt
- Potash salt.
- potassium sulphate.
potassium salt is produced in the form of a yellowish-red crystals, containing up to 38% of potassium.
- is a potent fertilizer and can be made from almost any garden flowers.Apply potassium salt is best in autumn.Get fertilizer by mechanical connection of potassium chloride with Cainites and Silvinit.
- potassium sulfate comprises up to 50% and a chlorine-free potassium fertilizer.It is crystal-white powder with a slight tinge of yellow.Considered the best of potash fertilizer for most crops, thanks to the excellent water-soluble.It allowed its application as the main fertilizer, as well as autumn and spring fertilizing.Potassium sulphate demanding plants growing on turf, turf and podzolic soils.But we should not feed the plants growing on light soils in the fall as a trace element due to moisture from the soil is washed away.
- potash fertilizers in the fall helps plants better prepared for winter.They respond well to the use of potassium sulphate flax and citrus.It is mixed with virtually any other fertilizers, other than those which are composed of calcium.
- Potassium soluble in water, but slowly penetrates into the ground, so if the soil is clayey or loamy composition, the potash fertilizers must be applied so as to be in close proximity to a small floral roots.Then the nutrients go to the plant quickly.Most in need of fertilizer flowers growing on sandy soils.Potassium increases the resistance of plants to disease, most often used in a combined form with other elements such as phosphorus, nitrogen, copper, iron, zinc or magnesium.
complex fertilizer for flowers
- modern chemical industry seeks to make getting all new forms of complex fertilizers, which would combine all the necessary nutrients for plants.
- Plants need a permanent power supply.At each period of growth, the flowers should get the required amount of certain mineral fertilizers.So, the young flower crops root system is poorly developed and is close to the surface of the soil, so fertilizer should be made shallow.
- When making any fertilizer must try not to burn the tender parts of the plant, that is diluted with water and fertilizer to water the soil around.
- Most colors for proper growth and abundant flowering is necessary to introduce more than one element, but several.In this regard, the increasing popularity probrel complex fertilizers, which include two or more elements.For example, nitrophoska (nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium mixture) or ammonium phosphate (phosphorus-nitrogen mixture).
Complex fertilizers, depending on the method of manufacture can be:
- Complicated - are obtained by chemical reaction, characterized by a lack of ballast substances;
- combined - are obtained by chemical or physical reaction of the raw materials, the main feature is the presence of highly basic nutrients;
- Mixed - obtained by dry mixing of simple fertilizers.
most popular types of complex fertilizers :
- Ammofos - comes in the form of gray granules contain up to 12% nitrogen and 50% phosphorus, water-soluble fertilizer, a major drawback is that it includesnitrogen 4 times less than that of phosphorus, and typically floral crops requires an equal amount of these elements;
- nitrophoska - is produced in the form of granules of gray with a slight pink tinge, contains 12% potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen, all materials are readily available and well absorbed by plants form.Fertilizers are applied in early spring before planting, as well as used as a summer feeding;
- nitroammofoska - available in the form of gray-pink granules containing 17% of potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen and 2% of sulfur can be applied on any type of soil;
- Nitrofos - manufactured in pellet form is used for most garden flowers, consisting of 6% nitrogen, 11% calcium and 16% phosphorus;
- DAP - produced as gray granules and contains 20% nitrogen, 50% phosphorus;
- diammofoska - produced as a dark gray granules containing 10% nitrogen and 26% of potassium and phosphorus in addition includes elements such as iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium and sulfur.Due to such a fertilizer composition can be made from almost any type of garden flowers;
- Ammofosfat - is made in the form of granules, containing up to 6% of nitrogen and 45% of the phosphorus is used for the spring to the soil.